Van Insurance

Van insurance can provide cover if you are involved in an accident on the road.

There are three types of van insurance.

  • Third party
  • Third party, fire and theft
  • Fully comprehensive

Frequently Asked Questions

Is van insurance compulsory?

It is a legal necessity to have van insurance unless you are keeping your vehicle on private land. If you are found without van insurance, you could be liable for a minimum of a £300 fine along with six penalty points.

What type of van insurance do I need?

We would advise taking out fully comprehensive van insurance. Third party insurance is perceived as being cheaper than fully comp because it provides less cover however this is rarely the case. Fully comprehensive van insurance is the most complete level of cover you can get for your van. It provides protection for accidental damage, fire, theft and any damage to third party property in the event of an accident. It can also cover injury claims.

What details do I need to provide to get a quote?

Personal Details – Name, Age and Profession.
Vehicles – Van Registration or Make, Model and Age.
Van Usage – Work or Pleasure.
Additional Driver – Details of any other drivers.
Driving History – Accidents, Previous claims, and Convictions over the past five years.
No claims (if applicable) – Proof from your current insurer of how many years without a claim.

Should I pay monthly or annually?

It is cheaper to pay for insurance annually. If paying monthly, we use an external company, Premium Credit, which pay the insurance and then charge you over a 10 month period adding on 9.5% interest.

Click Here to return to Personal Products

Request a Quotation

  • Date Format: DD slash MM slash YYYY