Tradesperson Insurance

This type of insurance will cover a tradesperson (a builder, carpenter, decorator, electrician, plumber or handyman) in the form of a sole trader or somebody who is employed by a company. If employed by somebody else, it is worth checking their policy to see what cover is in place.

Type of Insurance Cover

The three main types of insurance.


Public Liability Insurance

This cover protects against claims that may arise as a result of accidental damage or injury that a customer or a member of the public incurs because of work that has been carried out.


Employers’ Liability Insurance

This kind of arrangement is for those who run a business and employ staff. This protects against claims if your employees become injured or sick due to work – on or off-site.


Professional Indemnity Insurance

This will cover costs from damages or compensation claims against work that has been carried out.

Request a Quotation

Frequently Asked Questions

    There are a number of factors to consider. This depends on the nature of your work and what level of protection you require. Give us a call and we will run through the options.

    • Details of the nature of the work
    • Tools and equipment
    • Level of cover required

    It is cheaper to pay for insurance annually. If paying monthly, we use an external company, Premium Credit, which pay the insurance and then charge you over a 10 month period adding on approximately 9% interest.

    Evergreen Insurance Services Footer