LionAid roaring after £1,000 holiday bonus!
As the holiday season has drawn to a close, we are pleased to announce the winner of our advent competition. LionAid picked up the £1000 prize for generating the largest number of nominations amongst their followers over the month of December. It was an incredibly close race between Lionaid and Play for Strays. We thank all of our charity partners for taking part and generating much-needed funds for nature and wildlife causes.
The £1,000 will go towards helping LionAid achieve the following aims…
- Lobby the UK and EU nations to ban the import of lion hunting trophies.
- Collaborate with African lion range states’ Wildlife Authorities to conduct lion population counts in remaining lion “strongholds”.
- Encourage African lion range states to implement lion conservation measures, especially programmes to reduce human/lion conflict.
- Educate school children globally via remote presentations on the plight and conservation needs of Africa’s lions.
- Work closely with conservation partners to end South Africa’s captive breeding of lions for trophy hunting purposes and the lion bone trade to Asian nations.