Classic Car Insurance

Classic car insurance provides cover to protect your vintage and collectable vehicles, either individually or part of a multi-vehicle policy.  Cover can provide an agreed value, and generally comes as a limited mileage policy.  Cover can include modifications, laid up and if you are a member of a club you may be entitled to a discount.

Generally to get a classic car policy it has to be at least a second vehicle in the household.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is car insurance compulsory?

It is a legal necessity to have car insurance unless you are keeping your vehicle on private land. If you are found without car insurance, you could be liable for a minimum of a £300 fine along with six penalty points.

What type of car insurance do I need?

We would advise taking out fully comprehensive car insurance. Fully comprehensive car insurance is the most complete level of cover you can get for your car. It provides protection for accidental damage, fire, theft and any damage to third party property in the event of an accident. It can also cover injury claims.

What details do I need to provide to get a quote?

Personal Details – Name, Age and Profession.
Vehicles – Car Registration or Make, Model and Age.
Car Usage – Work or Pleasure. If your classic car is not on the road or is a second car, this may bring down your premium.
Additional Driver – Details of any other drivers.
Driving History – Accidents, Previous claims, and Convictions over the past five years.

Should I pay monthly or annually?

It is cheaper to pay for insurance annually. If paying monthly, we use an external company, Premium Credit, which pay the insurance and then charge you over a 10 month period adding on approximately 9.5% interest.

Click Here to return to Personal Products

Request a Quotation

  • Date Format: DD slash MM slash YYYY