Charity and Community Group Insurance

A policy to cover your Charity and Community Groups.

Charity and Community Group Insurance to suit you

Charity and Community Group Insurance is essential for your charitable organisations and community groups alike. Any charity or group, that you run, can be exposed to unforeseen events as accidents and incidents are unavoidable. While each group is different, all can be susceptible to expensive payouts if you do not have the correct insurance in place.

If there’s a claim, you’ll have to manage it, which can take time, knowledge, and money. Therefore you need the right cover to help provide legal expertise and cover costs and compensation. As a result, you can concentrate on running your organization with peace of mind.

What this type of policy may cover?

You may wish to consider the different types of insurance available to community groups, and what each one covers against.

Trustee indemnity insurance – as a trustees you can be held liable for bad decisions or wrongful actions if they have caused an issue to the group. Trustee indemnity insurance covers the legal expenses of defending a trustee. Therefore you should consider this cover because, without it, an allegation of mismanagement could be very costly to the person involved.

Professional indemnity insurance -this covers your group against poor or negligent advice which has resulted in somebody suffering a financial loss. Therefore, it’s considered essential cover if your group provides advice.

Public and product liability insurance – this protects against allegations of injury caused to a third party. For example, if someone trips over a loose wire at your event, or a hot drink was spilt and scolded a visitor.

Public liability insurance – provides cover against damage caused to third party property. For example, if flooring were to be damaged or walls marked after your group hired a hall.

Employer’s liability insurance – this covers your group against allegations of injury or illness suffered by staff during their employment. This is a legal requirement if you employ staff.

Property damage insurance –  this insurance covers your building against fire, theft, flood and other disasters. In addition, it covers your contents – such as stock and computer equipment.

Request A Quote

  • Date Format: DD slash MM slash YYYY
Should I pay monthly or annually?
It is cheaper to pay for insurance annually. If paying monthly, we use an external company, Premium Credit, which pay the insurance and then charge you over a 10 month period adding on 9.5% interest.
What are our opening hours?
We are open from 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. We are can get your enquiries by website or phone. If you ask for a quote on the weekend, we will get in contact with you first thing on Monday morning when we are open.

Why Insure with Evergreen?

When you buy insurance from Evergreen Insurance Services, you are making the world a better place. Furthermore, it does not cost you anything because your policy generates a donation, from our comission, to one of our amazing charity friends. As a result, you are contributing towards the protection of our natural world for generations to come. We have already donated vast sums which have gone to many great projects. To gain an insight as to what has been achieved, visit our ‘where donations go?’ page.

As part of the SIA group, we have over 25 years experience and thus the expertise to ensure you receive the best possible service. Therefore why not request a quote today!

Visual of Business Computers Insurance