Car Insurance

Car insurance can provide cover if you are involved in a car accident.

There are three types of car insurance.

  • Third party
  • Third party, fire and theft
  • Fully comprehensive

Frequently Asked Questions

Is car insurance compulsory?

It is a legal necessity to have car insurance unless you are keeping your vehicle on private land. If you are found without car insurance, you could be liable for a minimum of a £300 fine along with six penalty points.

What type of car insurance do I need?

We would advise taking out fully comprehensive car insurance. Third party insurance is perceived as being cheaper than fully comp because it provides less cover however this is rarely the case. Fully comprehensive car insurance is the most complete level of cover you can get for your car. It provides protection for accidental damage, fire, theft and any damage to third party property in the event of an accident. It can also cover injury claims.

What details do I need to provide to get a quote?

Personal Details – Name, Age and Profession.
Vehicles – Car Registration or Make, Model and Age.
Car Usage – Work or Pleasure.
Additional Driver – Details of any other drivers.
Driving History – Accidents, Previous claims, and Convictions over the past five years.
No claims (if applicable) – Proof from your current insurer of how many years without a claim.

Should I pay monthly or annually?

It is cheaper to pay for insurance annually. If paying monthly, we use an external company, Premium Credit, which pay the insurance and then charge you over a 10 month period adding on approximately 9.5% interest.

Click Here to return to Personal Products

Request a Quotation

  • Date Format: DD slash MM slash YYYY